Skip to main content

Product Review: OOFOS Women’s OOahh Sport Slide

Disclaimer: I received a pair of OOFOS Women’s OOahh Sport Slides to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review, find, and write race reviews!

I was working in Washington, DC in 2013 when I learned that a family member was diagnosed with cancer. I moved home to help my family and saw first hand how difficult the treatments are for patients, and how heartbreaking cancer is for family and loved ones. For a time, I even upended my career to work for a non-profit with a mission to find cures for cancer. Cancer made me feel powerless, and I'm not a doctor so I did whatever I could to exert whatever power I had. 

Running helped. When I raced I raised money to fund cancer research. I wore shirts that promoted organizations that supported my cause and every step I took made me feel like I had regained some of the power that diagnosis took away. 

When I found out that OOFOS donates 3% to Dana-Farber Cancer Institute through Project Pink from every pair on oofos.com year round I knew I had to try it. Not only do their shoes support a great cause, they support your feet and help your legs recover from long, hard runs. I tried them on as soon as they arrived and I haven't really taken them off since. The slides did cause some blistering at first, but it was an easy fix to slap on a bandaid and keep going. 

My future Mother-in-Law was recently diagnosed with plantar fasciitis and guess what one of her friends suggested for her?! That's right, OOFOS! They work for her because the sandal tech is such that it absorbs 37 percent more impact. The slides work for both of us because they aid in active recovery from any movement/sport. She was at the house the other day and we marveled over our new finds. She was even happier when she learned how OOFOS supports cancer research. 

We've both been wearing them non-stop, and that's okay because you can wash them in your clothes washer and they are moisture and bacteria resistant.



Want to learn more about Project Pink? It’s very close to Brand Leader & Marketing Director Duncan Finigan’s heart, who received a Stage 4 breast cancer diagnosis in 2014. She was treated at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in Boston, MA. And remember, for every pair of OOFOS sold year-round on OOFOS.com, the company donates 3% directly toward Dana-Farber to support new medical breakthroughs with the potential to help patients. 

Comments

  1. So sorry to hear about your family member that was diagnosed. Cancer really does suck. I also recently heard from someone that they were recommended to try Oofos for plantar fasciitis and it helped them. Thats awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BUFF® Tech Fleece Official BibRavePro Review

Disclaimer: I received the  BUFF® Tech Fleece to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a  BibRave Pro  (ambassador), and check out  BibRave.com  to review, find, and write race reviews! I'll admit it, when I got my BUFF®  Tech Fleece headband I thought that there was not way that this headband would keep my head warm. I run outside all year round and have always opted to wear winter hats (think adorable pom-poms and varies craft breweries written across the front). But I was sure wrong. Between September and November the temperature steadily dropped and whether it was a little chilly, or snowy my head was kept warm (and sweaty smell free). Not only that, but as a gal with a larger forehead, I really liked the width of the headband. It also blocks UV rays so it keeps my scalp protected! The headband also keeps my hair controlled so I can still feel stylish if I need to run errands pre or post run. I was also concerned about how to wear my headph

2020 Running Resolutions

Happy New Year! Each year I like to reflect on my journey as a runner. This year I celebrated 9 years as a runner. I started running in 2011 and haven't stopped since. This year brought new challenges. I'm older and it's harder for me to get up and run in the morning. I also started working at a job I have to commute longer and report to the office earlier. Additionally, I was sidelined for nearly the entire month of October while I recovered from a concussion. I initially wanted to run 1,000 miles in 2019, and I fell 225.39 miles short. I'm still very proud of every run I was able to get out and do, even the short, hard ones. I'm also using this data to set goals for 2020. I've got to adjust my goal based on the upcoming Presidential campaign cycle (I work in politics) and my wedding in June 2020. I'd like to run 600 miles in 2020. What's your running resolution?